Getting to the Root | Male Hormones Part 2
If you’re new to the series, each month we share a short video that explores the most pressing questions around health that our patients ask the most.
Here at The UltraWellness Center, we often have men struggling with difficult symptoms that can be traced to hormonal imbalances. Last month, in part one of Getting to the Root of Male Hormone Imbalances, Dr. Elizabeth Boham and Dr. George Papanicolaou broke down this important topic and discussed how lifestyle factors—especially weight and sleep—can significantly impact testosterone levels. They discussed how the first step we take in treating testosterone imbalances is making sure all lifestyle factors are in check followed by ruling out all other potential pathogens.
And now in part 2, Dr. George and Dr. Boham address how we approach healing men’s hormonal imbalances when shifting lifestyle factors is not enough. Since we focus on using a whole-body Functional Medicine approach, we weigh out many factors to determine the next best course of action.
Here are more of the details you can expect from this episode of Getting to the Root:
- The symptoms many men experience with testosterone imbalances
- What natural remedies can be prescribed, in lieu of, or combined with, hormone therapy
- When to turn to hormone therapy
- The different methods of how hormone therapy is administered
- Why body fat percentage is key in addressing testosterone imbalance
- The use of peptides in rebalancing hormones
- The role of the aromatase enzyme and how to block it if necessary
- A case study directly from Dr. George Papanicolaou
- And so much more!
Although the symptoms that come with male hormonal changes may seem like simply a natural part of the aging process, we have seen that many of these symptoms can be alleviated with the help of a Functional Medicine practitioner. Be sure to connect with your doctor about your hormonal health to start the healing process and enjoy all of the benefits that come with getting your hormones rebalanced!