Telemedicine Through UWC: We’re Here for You
In light of the global COVID-19 pandemic, telemedicine is the best way to ensure ongoing safety for both patients and staff. We’ve already been using telemedicine as an established part of our practice for quite some time, as a helpful way to connect with patients all over the world. The UltraWellness Center is 100% committed to helping you through your healing journey and we are able to do that using this model.
We realize many of you are new to remote health appointments and would like to take a moment to explain how it works.
- Cost: Because you’ll be provided with the same level of care through our telemedicine consultations as our in-person ones, the cost of each appointment is the same.
- Initial Consult Appointments: New patients will be seen via a free video conferencing platform called Zoom (which is HIPPA compliant) and will provide the same level of thoroughness and care as an in-person consult. During your Initial Consult, you will meet with your doctor and nutritionist.
The next business day after your Initial Consult, you’ll have another Zoom or phone appointment with your nurse. This 60 minute appointment will review any questions that came up from your Initial Consult and help you move forward with ordering tests and supplements.
- Testing: For any tests that our practitioners recommend, your testing kits and orders can often be sent to you to be done remotely. Conventional lab testing can be done through Quest or Labcorp draw stations around the country.
Functional Medicine specialty testing of urine, saliva, stool, and breath can be done at home as we normally do. We will send the kits to you and you can complete them to send them back to the labs directly. We will provide resources so that you can get specialty testing that requires blood at home as well.
Once you receive your home testing kits, you’ll have another 25 minute phone call with your nurse to review how to complete them properly.
- In-Person Appointments: While your first appointment will be done remotely, you’ll still be required to travel to The UltraWellness Center in Lenox, MA for an in-person appointment. This is typically booked 6 to 8 weeks after your Initial Consult. Of course, we’ll continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and revise this step as necessary. We will not expect anyone to come in while travel is still unsafe.
- Prescriptions: In some situations, new prescriptions can be given but we cannot take over existing prescriptions until we see you in person. What that means is, if we discover that you have a thyroid issue, we can prescribe the appropriate medication. We can only prescribe medications you’ve already been taking after we examine you in person and determine they are medically necessary.
We want you to know The UltraWellness center is here for you and we will all get through this together! It’s important to focus on your health right now and we are honored and grateful to support you during this challenging time.