Wild Salmon Patties with Aioli Sauce
This month, we’re all about sustainable seafood! To go along with our “Should I Eat Fish?” blog, we asked our Senior Dietitian Lisa Dreher to put together a recipe for you. Here is a different and tasty way to get more omega-3 rich seafood into your diet.
Yields 10 patties
- 1-pound fresh wild sustainable salmon OR 16oz wild sustainable canned salmon
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-4 green onions, minced
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 large pastured eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup avocado oil, divided
- ¾ cup avocado oil mayonnaise (see above)
- 1 pastured egg
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp hot sauce (optional)
- If using fresh salmon, preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and continue to step 2. If using canned salmon, skip steps 1, 2, and 3.
- Drizzle salmon with avocado oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cool in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.
- While cooling, heat 1 tbsp avocado oil on a pan and sauté the onion for 5 minutes, then add green onions and sauté for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Use hands to remove skin and flake the salmon. In a large bowl, add the cooled vegetables, dill, mustard, garlic, almond flour, and eggs. Combine with hands until well mixed. Form into 10 patties and put aside.
- Heat remaining avocado oil in a large pan on medium heat and cook each patty for 3-4 minutes per side. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Dip in aioli sauce or guacamole and serve with a large colorful salad! Enjoy!
If you’re having trouble finding a good source of salmon, we highly recommend Vital Choice.