Becoming Empowered on Your Path to UltraWellness
At The UltraWellness Center, we know that our patients want to feel their best, and manifest their best life. We value a healing partnership, involving the patient and practitioner. The intent of our collaboration is to empower you to take the driver’s seat on your healing journey, as you follow your personalized plan from your UltraWellness Center doctor and nutritionist.
The process of bringing the body and mind into balance can take several months, or longer. Patience is necessary, as you acknowledge that with every step you are paving your unique path to wellness, and self-awareness.
Highlighted below are tools to support you as the agent of change on your unfolding journey.
- Envision what you feel like when you are well. Visualize what you will do and how you will go about making that happen. Write down these intentions, and refer back to them for inspiration. Focusing on what makes you excited can displace continuous negative thoughts – such as fear and anxiety – around illness.
- Keep your UltraWellness Center patient binder organized. This will make it easy for you to refer back to your most recent plan. Reviewing your plan on your own after your appointment will be helpful, as the appointment covers a lot of information. The binder also provides contact information that you need in order to reach the person at The UltraWellness Center who is best able to answer your questions.
- Prepare for your follow-up appointments. We have provided note paper in your binder so you can write down questions as they arise. Please write these down in preparation for your follow-up appointments. Otherwise, when the appointment time comes, you might forget an important question.
- Educate yourself about why you are taking certain supplements. To become more involved in your care, it is helpful to understand what you are taking and why. The online Patient Store offers descriptions of the supplements, and you have access to that information any time you log in to the store account that we created for you.
- Have a written list of your stock of supplements and prescriptions. This will help you anticipate a refill request or another supplement order one month in advance, so you won’t have to go without. Also, if you will be taking supplements for several months, consider the auto-ship option through the online store. With auto-ship, you can choose which supplements you want to receive regularly and how often (e.g., every 4 weeks, 6 weeks, etc.).
- Reclaim a hobby or passion. Do something that puts a smile on your face. When we aren’t feeling our best, it’s important to find ways to have fun. Now is the perfect time to get back into that creative activity that you used to enjoy, or learn something new that you’ve always wanted to try.
- Set aside time to reflect on your health plan. What has been working for you, and what changes you have noticed? It might help to brainstorm what has worked for you in the past, too. It can be easy to revert back to focusing on negative symptoms, as they might be screaming louder than the now-quiet symptoms that have faded away. Focusing on the positive aspects of change will keep you motivated and headed in the right direction for ultrawellness.
- Share your experiences with a trusted friend. Express your feelings, and discuss your potential need for emotional support and assistance. Discussing your journey with a friend also will help keep you accountable as you follow your plan and dietary suggestions.
- Reach out and ask for help. If you feel that you have veered off-track, our team is here to help steer you back on-course. Each of us has challenges that arise in daily life that can pose temporary roadblocks. If this happens, check in with your nurse at The UltraWellness Center for assistance in learning which are the next steps for you.
- Get outside and breathe fresh air. A brisk walk is comparable to a reset button. Even in the cold, for many of us a 5-minute walk will alter our perspective of the day for the better.
Our hope is that these suggestions will help you navigate your healing journey. Take time to delve into the resources that we have created for you, and pause to be with your thoughts, feelings, and symptoms. When you take time to witness the positive shifts, and approach yourself and your body with the understanding that you are an able and empowered being, you are on the path to experiencing changes in your health more swiftly and easefully.