Quick Cauliflower Coconut Stew
This delicious stew is perfect for vegetarians or meat eaters. And it’s full of healthy fats! Comforting and warm, it’s one the whole family can enjoy for dinner. Add in some chicken or tofu for extra protein. If you’re enjoying a bit of grains, this pairs nicely with wild rice.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium head cauliflower, stemmed and cut into bite-size florets
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 can full-fat, unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
In a medium stock pot, heat the coconut oil for 30 seconds on medium heat.
Add the cumin seeds and stir until they start to sputter. Then add the onions and cook for another minute, and then, add the tomatoes, stir and cook for a few more minutes until the tomatoes soften.
Add the rest of the ingredients and stir together. Cover the pan and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to keep from burning.
Ladle the soup into 4 serving bowls and enjoy! Leftover stew can be stored in air-tight container and saved for lunch the next day.