Getting to the Root of Male Hormone Imbalances
We hear a lot about hormonal imbalances in women, but what about men? Though women tend to have more frequent fluctuations, men can also experience a wide variety of imbalances and hormonal changes as they age. On this month’s episode of Getting to the Root, Dr. Elizabeth Boham and Dr. George Papanicolaou break down this important topic. If you’re new to the series, each month we share a short video that explores the most pressing questions around health that our patients ask the most.
Here at The UltraWellness Center, we often have men struggling with difficult symptoms that can be traced to hormonal imbalances. Many men are confused about the impacts of testosterone and other hormones on their health, and unaware of the connections they have to the entire body. We always enjoy teaching them how to overcome their issues using a whole-body Functional Medicine approach. Helping patients maintain vitality and sexual function is something that comes up often when dealing with male hormones.
Here are more of the details you can expect from this episode of Getting to the Root:
- Why male hormone imbalances are important to acknowledge
- The connections between testosterone, cardiovascular health, blood sugar, weight, dementia, and more
- When to turn to hormone replacement
- How belly fat leads to erectile dysfunction, inflammation, decreased testosterone, and increased estrogen
- Why sleep is an essential part of balancing hormones
- Addressing toxicity in your life and detoxing your body
- Nutrition for balanced testosterone levels
- The role of protein in healthy hormones
- And so much more!
Women shouldn’t be the only ones aware of hormonal changes as they age. The symptoms of hormonal changes in men may creep in and be hard to identify, but a Functional Medicine practitioner can help. Be sure to connect with your doctor about your hormonal health to reap the benefits of balanced hormones.