Pumpkin Spice Latte
When we think of fall flavors, pumpkin always comes to mind. Pumpkin is full of fiber, vitamin C, beta-carotene, and potassium, but don’t forget about all the health benefits of the anti-inflammatory spices that make up pumpkin spice! These include cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, clove, and allspice. Cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg can all help regulate blood sugar. Ginger can aid in digestion and soothe stomach upset, while nutmeg can support brain health and sleep. Try adding pumpkin spice to your morning coffee or, if you have a bit more time, you can make this delicious pumpkin spice latte.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
1 cup of non-dairy milk of choice
2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice
1/2 cup of coffee
*Option to sweeten to taste with maple syrup or honey
- Add non-dairy milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and pumpkin spice to a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat for 3 minutes while stirring.
- Pour contents into a tall glass with coffee and use an immersion blender to mix contents until it is frothy.
- Add contents to your favorite coffee mug.
- Sweeten to taste if needed with maple syrup or honey.
- Add more pumpkin spice or cinnamon if you wish.