PUMFU Scramble (Egg Free, Soy Free)
PUMFU is a soy free alternative that can be used as a tofu replacement. It is made from pumpkin seeds which are rich in healthy fats, zinc, magnesium, iron, manganese, copper, potassium, and phosphorus. It is also a great protein source for those not eating animal products. Adding a variety of vegetables increases the antioxidant content of this recipe in addition those provided from the pumpkin seeds. Feel free to use any vegetables you have on hand, the more the better!
Makes 2 Servings
- 1 tablespoon ghee or avocado oil
- 1 ½ cups bell peppers (red, yellow, orange, or medley), diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups spinach or kale, fresh
- 1 package PUMFU
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat ghee or avocado oil in a skillet over medium heat and sauté onion, garlic, bell peppers and mushrooms about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach or kale and sauté until softened, 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, crumble the PUMFU with your fingers into a bowl.
- Add the spices and combine well.
- When vegetables are cooked, add PUMFU to skillet and cook until desired temperature.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.