Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Mash
This low glycemic version of mashed potatoes uses sweet potatoes along with cinnamon and nutmeg to help regulate blood sugars. Sweet potatoes contain potassium to lower blood pressure and beta carotene which supports immune function along with healthy skin and eyes. Cauliflower contains sulfur which increases glutathione levels to support detoxification. I hope you enjoy this healthier version of this popular comfort food!
Makes 8 servings
- 2 large sweet potatoes (peeled)
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 1 tsp sea salt
- black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp ghee (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or less
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop them into cubes. Wash the cauliflower then remove the core and chop it into small florets.
- In a large pot, add sweet potatoes, cauliflower, garlic, coconut milk, bone broth, ghee, salt, and pepper and bring it to a boil. Cover with a lid and let it simmer for 30 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft enough to poke easily.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer contents to a high-speed blender and mix until smooth.
- Then add the maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg and blend for a few more seconds.
- Transfer all contents to a serving dish and top with chopped walnuts.