Detox Breakfast Bowl
Flaxseed is high soluble fiber which can help manage blood sugar and promote a healthy and robust microbiome, it is also considered a phytoestrogen (plant-based estrogen source). Flaxseed contains lignans and omega-3 fatty acids. Lignans are antioxidants with weak estrogen-emulating characteristics and have some anti-cancer effects. Flaxseed also appears to have anti-estrogen properties and has been shown in some recent research trials to decrease breast cancer risk. The cauliflower found in the bowl is also hormone balancing, not only due to its fiber content but also a unique component called sulphurophane which has been shown to not only inhibit the development of certain cancers promoted by common carcinogens but also hereditary cancers!
How to make the Detox Breakfast Bowl:
- ¼ cup flax meal (freshly ground)
- 25 grams protein powder of choice (collagen mixes well and is great for the mucosal liner of the gut)
- ¾ cup berries
- ½ cup cauliflower rice
- Unsweetened almond milk (to desired consistency)
- Heat these items together until it makes a porridge
- Top with nut butter, seeds, a few berries, cinnamon, ginger, etc.