7 Keys to UltraWellness
MOST PEOPLE DON’T KNOW how poorly they feel until they feel better. In fact, most of us don’t recognize that fatigue, digestive problems, aches and pains, allergies, headaches, and more aren’t just annoying symptoms. They are early clues to impending diseases that can disable and kill us.
Most heart disease starts in the womb. You can detect brain changes in teenagers that can predict the development of Alzheimer’s disease. Blood tests in children can predict who will develop diabetes later in life. Most cancers take more than 30 years to grow to the size where they can be detected.
How can we address problems that we don’t even know we have? There is an answer. It lies in the revolution that is happening in medicine today. That revolution is called Functional Medicine. I call it UltraWellness, and the 7 Keys to UltraWellness are the foundation of my practice. This eight-article series will introduce you to its principles.
- Introduction: My Philosophy of UltraWellness
- Lesson 1: Environmental Inputs
- Lesson 2: Inflammation and Immune Balance
- Lesson 3: Hormones and Neurotransmitters
- Lesson 4: Gut & Digestive Health
- Lesson 5: Detoxification
- Lesson 6: Energy, Mitochondria & Oxidative Stress
- Lesson 7: The Mind/Body and Body/Mind Effect