Baked Apples with Cashew Nut Cream
This delicious dessert serves 8.
- 2 cups filtered water or unsweetened apple juice
- 4 apples, sliced in half, cored
Nut Cream ingredients:
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Maple syrup to taste
- Water for thickening
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add the water or apple juice to a large baking dish and place the apples flat side down into the dish. Place in the oven and bake until the apples are soft (about 20 minutes).
- While the apples are baking, make the nut cream by placing the cashews into a blender and blending until they reach powder consistency.
- Add the vanilla and desired amount of maple syrup to the blender and process until combined.
- Slowly drizzle in water and blend on low until the mixture has the consistency of honey.
- Drizzle the nut cream over the apples and serve warm.
*Adapted from Cynthia Lair– Feeding the Whole Family