Rainbow Grain-Free Stuffing
Thanksgiving is around the corner. Rainbow Grain-Free Stuffing is a great dish to have on your table this year.
- 5 cups colorful root vegetables, chopped (parsnips, turnips, celeriac, carrots, beets, etc.)
- 2 cups chopped shitake and oyster mushrooms (or mushrooms of choice)
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsps. avocado oil or ghee
- Fresh herbs: rosemary, thyme, sage, tarragon, all chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400F and line two baking sheets (or one large) with parchment paper.
- Lay vegetables out on sheets. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of melted ghee or avocado oil (or toss). Roast root vegetables for about 30 minutes, or until tender.
- While the vegetables are roasting, melt 1 tbsp of ghee or avocado oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté the garlic and shallot for 5 minutes, then add in the mushrooms and cook for 8-10 minutes, until tender.
- Add in nuts about halfway through mushroom cooking time and brown for up to 4 minutes.
- When the trays of roasted vegetables are ready, transfer the vegetables and mushroom mixture to a large food processor. Add in the herbs and salt and pepper, to taste. Quickly pulse (not too much!) until mixture resembles traditional stuffing.
- Put in a serving dish and enjoy!