Anti-Inflammatory Salmon Caesar (AIP/Paleo/Elimination Diet Approved)
- ¼ cup coconut milk (full fat)
- ¾ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1lb large thickly cut filet of wild salmon
- 1lb bag of romaine lettuce (cut into pieces)
- Other veggies of choice or toppings including avocado, hemp seeds, etc.
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (sustainable wild caught like red boat)
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven for 400 degrees. Start by making the marinade. Put all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. Cut the salmon into 4 sectioned pieces and add to the bowl. Using your hands, toss the salmon to thoroughly coat with the marinade. Cover the bowl and place into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Place your skillet pan (one that is oven safe) over a burner and, when it’s hot, wipe just a little avocado or coconut oil over the top to stop the salmon sticking. Put the salmon on top of the skillet and cook for around 3 minutes, depending on their size, until skin is crispy. Place pan in oven to finish cooking for a further 10-12 minutes.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a small mason jar.
- Either whisk or put lid on and shake.
- Toss all salad ingredients of choice together, top with salmon.