Chocolate Strawberry Zucchini Muffins
These grain free muffins are sweetened with fruit instead of added sugars, lowering its glycemic effect. The cocoa powder, pumpkin seeds and strawberries provide magnesium, potassium, fiber, antioxidants, and polyphenols like flavonoids, all which support a healthy heart so why not enjoy this as a healthy treat on Valentine’s day with a loved one!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 3 medium bananas
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 10 ounces of frozen strawberries
- 3/4 cup zucchini, shredded
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Take strawberries out of freezer and let thaw.
- Shred the zucchini with a grater or use a food processor.
- Combine all dry ingredients into a large bowl: almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca starch, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.
- In a food processor, combine dates, bananas, eggs, apple cider vinegar and coconut oil.
- Transfer mixture from the food processor to the bowl with the dry ingredients and blend until completely combined.
- Add in the strawberries, zucchini and pumpkin seeds.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.