This pesto can be used the same as any other pesto! Top your favorite vegetables, wild-caught seafood, or gluten-free pasta with this delicious detox-supporting pesto.
- 4 cloves garlic
- 15 Brazil nuts (high in selenium)
- ¼ cup pine nuts (high in vitamin E, manganese, zinc, magnesium, and selenium)
- 1/3 cup raw/sprouted sunflower seeds (high in cysteine)
- 1/3 cup raw/sprouted pumpkin seeds (high in zinc and magnesium)
- 2 cups packed organic cilantro OR parsley (high in vitamin A)
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp lemon juice (high in vitamin C)
- 2 tsp dulse powder or other powdered sea veggie
- sea salt to taste (note: if not following a soy-free diet, you can add a tablespoon of gluten-free non-GMO miso paste to add a nice umami flavor!)
Process the cilantro or parsley and olive oil in a blender or food processor until chopped. Add the garlic, nuts and seeds, dulse and lemon juice and mix until finely blended into a paste. Add a pinch of sea salt and/or miso to taste and blend again. You can thin it with a little extra water, if desired. Store in dark glass jars if possible. You can freeze this as well in individual servings to save for later. Enjoy!